Are you looking for ways to generate more website queries for your business? Want to better understand SEO, and how it can benefit your company?
SEO Stats 2020
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Google currently holds 90.1% of the total search engine market share (Google + Google Images), followed by YouTube (owned by Google), Yahoo!, Bing, and Amazon.
- More than 50% Off searches are 0-click searches, getting no clicks.
- 57% of B2B marketers stated that SEO generates more leads than any other marketing initiative.
- 81% of people perform some type of online research before making a large purchase.
- 47% of consumers view 3-5 pieces of content created by a company before talking to a salesman from that company.
- 72% of online marketers describe content marketing as their most effective SEO tactic.
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines.
Oh, you just did a search for the phrases that relate to your business and came up on the second page of Google search results? That’s a bummer. But getting highly-targeted visitors to your website is overrated, right?
9. 61% of internet users do research on a product online before making a purchase.
10. The average first-page result on Google consists of 1,890 words.
11. Leads from search engines have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (ex. cold-calling, direct mail, etc.) have a 1.7% close rate.
12. 70-80% of people ignore paid search results, choosing to only click on organic search results.
13. Bounce rates increase by 50% if your website takes 2 seconds extra to load.
14. Conversion rates fall by 12% for every extra second that it takes your website to load.
Mobile SEO Statistics for 2020
If you thought that mobile-friendly sites were “unnecessary”, I think it’s safe to say that Mobilegeddon proved you wrong.
On April 21, 2015, Google rolled out an algorithm update that hurt the search rankings of non-mobile-friendly sites in mobile search results. In other words, if your website ranked first in Google for “Denver pizza shop” when searching from your mobile device, but was a pain in the ass to navigate through on your phone, then it wasn’t going to stay there for long.
Mobile search rankings are more important than ever, and will only grow increasingly important over time.
- As of 2015, more searches are done every day on mobile devices than desktops.
- mobile devices are generating 50% Of all traffic.
- 87% of smartphone users use search engines at least once a day.
- 40% of ecommerce sales during the 2018 holiday season came from a smartphone.
- The average U.S. adult spent 3 hours, 35 minutes on their phones every day in 2018.
- 40% of mobile website visitors will leave your site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.